2023 Ownership Today
2023 Ownership Today

Ownership Group James F. Parks, President • Kevin White, Executive Vice President • Matt Iwanski, Sr. Vice President • Tiffany May, Vice President, Preconstruction • Martin Chapa, Vice President, Healthcare Construction • Chris Rosene, Chief Financial Officer

Synergy At The District
Synergy At The District

Construction started at Synergy at The District, an upscale, 450,000 sf, 270-unit residential/mixed-use project next to the Mayfair Collection in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.

2017 – New Ownership Group Announced
2017 – New Ownership Group Announced

James F. Parks, President • Kevin White, Executive Vice President • Martin Chapa, V.P. Medical Construction • Matt Iwanski, Senior Project Manager • Chris Rosene, Chief Financial Officer

2017 – Jim Parks Named President

Jim had been serving for 17 years as Executive Vice President, which prepared him for this eventual promotion.

Aurora St. Luke’s Knisely Tower Façade Replacement
Aurora St. Luke’s Knisely Tower Façade Replacement

A winner of “The Daily Reporter Top Projects of 2013” — Re-cladding, façade replacement and renovations of the Knisely tower at St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

2011 – Felician Village Manitowoc
2011 – Felician Village Manitowoc

Senior community campus re-positioning project including the demolition of 225,000 SF of existing buildings, and new construction of four buildings totaling 125,000 SF.

2004 – Executive Team Expanded
2004 – Executive Team Expanded

In 2004, Berghammer built a new executive management team which included (standing, from left) Glenn Gohlke, Craig Resigner, Jim Parks and (seated, from left) Leif Nesheim and George Minnich.

1999 – Jim Parks Hired as Executive VP

Jim Parks hired as Executive Vice President of Marketing and Business Development.  Leif Nesheim: “The addition of Parks marks the transition of Berghammer into a more professionally managed organization.”

1995 – HQ Moved to Butler, WI
1995 – HQ Moved to Butler, WI

The company quickly outgrew the State Street location and in 1995 constructed a new 15,000 square foot corporate headquarters facility in Butler, Wisconsin.

1988 – Leif Nesheim and Don Nord Purchase the Berghammer Name.
1988 – Leif Nesheim and Don Nord Purchase the Berghammer Name.

At the close of 1987, Ed Berghammer, Jr., owner and son of the company’s founder, retired and sold the “Berghammer Construction” trade name (no material assets) to Leif Nesheim and Don Nord, who were looking to start their own business.

1961 – Marquette University Biology Building
1961 – Marquette University Biology Building

The Wehr Life Sciences Building is home to Marquette’s Department of Biological Sciences. The five-story building has several classrooms, laboratories, faculty offices and a small auditorium. Wehr Life Sciences was completed in 1962.

1957 – Cutting-edge Concrete: St. Edmund’s Church Elm Grove
1957 – Cutting-edge Concrete: St. Edmund’s Church Elm Grove

The St. Edmund Episcopal Church included one of the first hyperbolic paraboloid roofs in the United States. The futuristic roof was made of poured concrete and extended 45 feet beyond the altar. The building was well-received by the national architecture press and religious leaders of the time.

1955 – Central YMCA
1955 – Central YMCA

Located at 915 W. Wisconsin Avenue, the 18-story Central Branch YMCA in Milwaukee was designed by Grassold & Johnson and completed in 1954. Marquette University began leasing space in the mid-1970s and then purchased it in 1993. Today it is known as Straz Tower.

1947 – Gebhard-Berghammer New Office

5420 W State Street, Milwaukee

1929 – West Allis Paradise Theatre
1929 – West Allis Paradise Theatre

The West Allis Paradise Theater was opened in 1929 near the end of the era of grand movie house construction.