Berghammer was futuristic before the Calatrava! Designed by architect William P. Wenzler and construction completed by Berghammer in 1957, the building on Watertown Plank Road in Elm Grove included one of the first hyperbolic paraboloid roofs in the United States. The roof was made of poured concrete and extended 45 feet beyond the altar. It is said that workmen on the building site were afraid the under-construction roof would collapse, since its flexible shape meant it moved whenever someone walked on it. Once finished, the building was well-received by the national architecture press and religious leaders of the time.
Archive for month: August, 2018
Congratulations to the Berghammer Team for their hard work this past weekend at Block Build MKE!
As part of Revitalize Milwaukee, the Block Build program provides critically needed construction services to residents in some of Milwaukee’s most vulnerable neighborhoods. Block Build’s 2018 goal was to provide 300 volunteers to complete extensive repairs, safety and accessibility modifications to 20 homes in 48 hours. Many thanks to Berghammer’s Joe Rauch, Kyle Pearson, Martin Chapa, Brian Froemming, Dan Montiho, Jeff Dietz, Ron Beaverson and Brian Cayabyab for contributing their time, energy and skills to make a difference in the lives of the Clark Street neighborhood residents.
For more information CLICK.
We celebrated the topping-out and work well-done at our Synergy at The District residential/mixed-use project in Wauwatosa — with a pizza lunch for the Berghammer field crew and contractors.
Click and drag to scroll and zoom the image.
Aurora Lakeland Medical Center Women's Center Birthing Room – Spherical Image – RICOH THETA